TIA was formed in 1980 to raise funds for the island and not burden the Town tax rate.
1985 - Designed and built the Thacher Island launch and donated it to the Town .
1989 - Donated funds to restore the North Tower.
Since 1994 TIA has raised over $1,500,000 for restoration and maintenance of the island and it's historic structures.
Since 2001 TIA has raised over $14,000 from rental and camping fees all turned over to the Town's General Fund.
2000 - Donated $140,000 toward the restoration of the island boat ramp in 2000.
2001 - Initiated the National Historic Landmark designation which has enabled us to win many more historical restoration grants.
2001 - Restored the Assistant Keeper house.
2002 - Established weekly work crews every Wednesday providing over 3000 man/hours each summer 2002.
* Established a 30 place camp site for visitors. 2003.
* Restored the Principal Keeper house in 2003-2007 and gave it to the Town.
* Donation of a Gem Car electric cart for transportation around the island 2004.
* Purchased a new hydraulic boat winch for the boat house in 2005.
* Installed solar electric power grid to replace the submarine electric cable in 2006.
* Added Solar power the North Tower light in 2006.
* Volunteers re-roofed the boat house, utility house and whistle house 2006.
* Volunteers built a shed dormer for the oil house for equipment storage